I'm Changing Up my LIFE

7:28 PM

I've had a major LIFE SHIFT over the last few weeks. I am taking actual action steps to make the minimalist, monochrome, high-quality (not quantity) life of my dreams. I'm working on a new line of moody monochromatic art, whittling down on non-useful activities and projects, and now I've just sold/given away/donated half my closet to achieve the CAPSULE WARDROBE. The last time I cut my closet down with with such force was when I was 16, and awoke one evening to the world of fashion.

If you don't know what a capsule wardrobe is, it means only keeping your very favorite, high-quality, versatile pieces and getting rid of everything that you don't love. Here's a sample dream capsule wardrobe below via workinglook.com:


This new minimalism is freeing to me. Even though I have fewer clothes, I always have something to wear, because my closet is full of only things I adore. Plus, since they're all monochrome, they all go well together! The possibilities are endless.

Also, I feel like I've been freed from the compulsion to buy everything I see. Now my tastes are much more exacting, and I search until I find the perfect item to buy... if I really and truly need it. (I usually don't, which is also helping me to be a much more grateful, content, and thankful person.)

I've gotten so many compliments on my "new" look, although it's really just a replay of pieces I already had.

It's strange how making a fashion change really does affect your lifestyle. Needless to say, the look of this blog will be changing from now on. I can't wait to show you the classy looks I'll put together in future!

Julie


PS. I've listed all my clothes that didn't make the cut on Vinted and Poshmark. I even started an IG selling my used clothes for great prices. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments