See the Veil is Split in Two

1:42 PM

Happy Easter!

Easter is my favorite holiday. It seems like every year the weather is utterly stunning, the temperature just right, friends and family are bustling to and fro for delicious luncheon preparations, and there is so much life all around. A day truly without death. It's what we all seek.


Today I'm wearing a very peeps-colored pastel pleated dress. I love this dress for either spring or summer... it's versatile & very comfortable. The reason I was drawn to this one is the way the pattern lies across one's chest... I think it's like a beautiful paper sculpture.


I also added the fur coat out of necessity... because Easter is early this year, it's still sort of chilly. And, I thought of all days this would be a good time for my single cross earring to shine behind my fake updo!


Instead of the usual pumps/sandals I'd pair with a look like this, I decided on knee-high boots just to change things up.  I think they bring a very down-to-earth feel to an otherwise very flashy fashion. I'm not the star of Easter so I don't want to seem like I'm trying to steal the spotlight! ;)


I also kept my rings and accessories fresh and minimal, but for once I manicured my nails... don't they look nice? These days I only use Essie, which I believe to be the best nail color in the world!


My sister is very clever and going to France for the summer to work as an au pair. She's also an excellent writer. Here's her Easter poem.

Un jour sans mort

Pourquoi est-il

qu’un jour sans amour

pour un homme

encore jeune

causa


un jour sans mort

pour moi?

Love,








DRESS: Charlotte Russe, out of stock. Alternative here, Maxi version here |  COAT: Sans Souci. Similar here. Buy mine here | BOOTS: Unisa via DSW, sold out. Similar here | SILVER RINGS: Forever 21 | NAIL COLOR: Essie's "Cabana Boy"

Here are a few more of my favorite pleated dresses, for Easter or any other occasion!



You Might Also Like

0 comments