Setagaya | 世田谷

12:40 AM

I went to Japan for about 10 days for a friend's wedding and to see all my relatives. I love Tokyo so much, and the weather was gorgeous most of the time like this day in Setagaya! This is such a peaceful neighborhood close to central Tokyo. I'd love to live here someday soon.

I kept my look simple, mostly to feature a beautiful vintage silk scarf which my grandma gave me. I love wearing scarves because they look so incredibly high-fashion, elegant, ladylike, and not many people in my region wear them... which makes them stand out all the more!


 I hope I can learn so many fancy ways to tie it. I love being able to use treasures like these handed down by family members. My grandma has great fashion sense, huh?


Don't laugh: but here is a shocking fact. Seven Eleven in Japan is awesome in every way. Semi-homeless shelter-ish Seven Elevens in the US will faint in pure amazement of their counterparts abroad. Even the coffee at our little shop was great... the beans were ground right there in front of your eyes! At ¥150 (about $1.22) for the big size, it was a great (and certainly cheaper) alternative to Starbucks!

Japan is the land to buy cute dainty teeny tiny jewels. I adore this skeeny ring I got at a little clothes market right by our apartment. Shimokitazawa area has the most adorable independent boutiques, cafes, and art galleries. Just the place for me indeed!






I love this adorable little bar we walked by often. Too bad we weren't there longer... I'd love to go to it regularly.

I was only able to do one fashion shoot in Japan, but my trip really revived my spirit. I certainly know where I belong.


Sweater: Old Navy
Leggings: eBay
Shoes: Antonio Melani via Dillards
Bag: Steve Madden via Ross
Scarf: Vintage
Jewelry: Shops in Shimokitazawa

Shop for my choice of similar items below!



You Might Also Like

0 comments